ADT is one of the most well-known and loved home security systems — and there’s a reason for that. They’ve got award-winning 24/7 professional monitoring, user-friendly equipment, and some of the most advanced home automation capabilities in the biz.
But ADT’s top-notch performance comes at a price. They aren’t the most affordable home security system. Their basic service plan starts at $28 a month for monitoring, and ranges up to $58. That’s not an unreasonable price, especially considering the value you get. Still, there’s no reason you shouldn’t try to save a little money if possible.
ADT offers dozens of rotating sales and discounts that can save you a nice chunk of cash when it comes to home security. Check out standard ADT pricing and plans, and then read on for ways you can cut those prices down as much as possible.
Did You Know: Most of these discounts and sales include the stipulation that you sign an ADT contract. This is just par for the course with ADT, whether you take advantage of one of their deals or not. All of their security systems include a contract for 24/7 professional monitoring. The standard contract length is three years, except in California, where it’s two years.
Discount Codes and Discount Coupons
ADT’s ongoing sales and discounts can be a bit overwhelming. Nearly everywhere you turn on their site, you’ll find special offers. That’s certainly nothing to complain about, but it can be a bit confusing.
We’ve broken down their current offers and weeded out duplicates to make it as easy as possible for you to see what you have to choose from. Keep in mind that none of these offers can be combined with other specials or discounts, so you’ll want to select the one that gives you the biggest benefit all on its own.
- Free video doorbell and sensor bundle: Purchase a new home security system with a 24-to-36-month monitoring contract and enrollment in EasyPay: Get a free video doorbell, three free door/window sensors, and one free motion detector — a $350 value.
- Free video doorbell and three months of free monitoring: Purchase a new home security system with a 24-to-36-month monitoring contract and enrollment in EasyPay: Get a video doorbell installed for free ($200 value), plus a one-time credit of $179.97 for monthly monitoring fees. Must make a minimum purchase of $599.
- Free video doorbell and outdoor camera: Purchase a new home security system with a 24-to-36-month monitoring contract and enrollment in EasyPay: Get a video doorbell and outdoor security camera installed for free, with a minimum purchase of $599.
- Two free 720p indoor cameras: Purchase a new home security system with a 24-to-36-month monitoring contract and enrollment in EasyPay: Get two 720p indoor video cameras installed for free, with a minimum purchase of $599.
- Free smoke detector or carbon monoxide detector: Purchase a new home security system with a 24-to-36-month monitoring contract and enrollment in EasyPay: Get your choice of a smoke detector or carbon monoxide detector installed for free, with minimum purchase of $699.
- Free installation of smart door lock: Purchase a new home security system with a 24-to-36-month monitoring contract and enrollment in EasyPay: Get free installation of an ADT smart door lock, with a minimum purchase of $1,519.
- $19.99 per month when you activate an existing system: Pay $19.99 per month for the first 12 months and $28.99 per month for the balance of the contract. Requires a 24-to-36-month contract with enrollment in EasyPay.
- $19.99 per month, plus $200 off installation: Get a one-year discount of $9 per month on monitoring charges (total value of $108), and an instant $200 savings on installation, with a minimum purchase of $449. Requires a 24-to-36-month contract with enrollment in EasyPay.
- $28.99 per month, plus 25 percent off installation: This offer is for current or former ADT customers who had an active ADT account in good standing for at least six months before cancellation. Requires a 24-to-36-month contract with enrollment in EasyPay and $599 minimum installation fee. The 25 percent instant savings maxes out at $300.
- Free $200 Visa Rewards Card and service starting at $28.99 per month: You must sign a 24-to-36-month contract, enroll in EasyPay, and make a minimum purchase of at least $449. The card is redeemable seven days after the system is installed.
FYI: If you’re an ADT customer who’s moving, ADT will typically have you leave your equipment behind at your old house, and they’ll set you up with a new security system and a custom plan at your new place. Plus, you’ll get a nice discount too. Here’s everything you need to know about moving with ADT.
ADT never wants to lose your business. They offer moving specials for current and past ADT customers who are relocating. Here are their current deals:
- $9-per-month discount on reactivation for movers: Get ADT in your new home starting at $19.99 a month when you sign a two-to-three year contract. That’s a $9-per-month discount on monitoring for the first year.
- $200 instant savings when relocating with ADT: Get $200 off installation if you’re a current or former ADT customer whose ADT account was in good standing for at least six months before cancellation.
- $750 or 70 percent off for current ADT customers: If you’re a current ADT customer, get $750 or 70 percent off your purchase of at least $1,100. You must sign a two-to-three-year contract starting at $59.99 per month, with an extended limited warranty plan.
- $5-per-month discount for existing customer reactivation: Reactivate an existing system and get a one-year discount of $5 per month on monitoring charges. You’ll pay $14.99-per-month for the first year, then $19.99-per-month after that. You must sign a contract of 24 to 60 months.
- Free CellGuard with system reactivation: When you reactivate an ADT system with the purchase of alarm monitoring services, get a free CellGuard. CellGuard is an ADT upgrade that allows your system to communicate with the ADT monitoring center using a cellular connection instead of a landline.
- Movers package guarantee: If you’ve been an ADT customer whose account is in good standing for at least two years, you’ll get relocation credits you can use toward a discount on service at a new home. You get a $100 credit for six to 11 months of service, and a $249 credit for 12 to 23 months of service. For 24 months of service or longer, you get free installation up to $349 on any ADT traditional monitoring service, or $399 on any ADT interactive service.1
USAA Member Discounts
If you’re a member of USAA (United Services Automobile Association), you’ve got several special deals to choose from. Deals are limited to one per household and cannot be combined with other offers.
- 10 percent off installation and monthly monitoring charges: If you’re a new customer, this offer is for you. Just sign a 24-to-36-month contract to get 10 percent off installation and monthly monitoring charges.
- Free activation and shipping, a special gift, and $3 off monthly monitoring for a medical alert system: Sign a month-to-month monitoring agreement for an ADT medical alert system and get free activation and shipping, plus a special gift, and $3 off monthly monitoring.
- $100 Visa prepaid card and 10 percent off monthly monitoring: Sign a 24-to-36-month contract with a minimum of $399 in installation charges, and you’ll get a $100 gift card and 10 percent off monthly monitoring.
Did You Know: ADT ranks among the best home automation security systems. You can use it to automate your smart lights and thermostats, and to monitor your smoke alarms, carbon monoxide detectors and more. You’ll manage everything with ADT Control (formerly ADT Pulse) — ADT’s handy security and automation toolset, including a website, app and in-home touch-screen panel.
Lennar Homeowner Discounts
If you live in or are moving to a Lennar Homes community, ADT just might have a special offer for you. In the past, they’ve installed their Safewatch® QuickConnect Plus wireless security system for free when you sign a 36-month contract for professional monitoring. They’ve also offered a $5-per-month discount on your monitoring plan, plus a 10 percent discount on extra equipment and feature upgrades. Give ADT a call to see if they’re still offering Lennar homeowner specials.
MetLife Auto and Home Discounts
As a MetLife Auto & Home customer, you’ll get 10 percent off installation charges for your ADT security system, up to a maximum of $400. You’ll have to sign a 24-to-36-month monitoring contract, purchase an extended limited warranty, and enroll in EasyPay.
Get a $200 Visa Rewards Card for referring new customers. Just use ADT’s official referral process2 and you’ll receive your $200 prepaid card two to three weeks after your friend’s new security system is installed and their bill is paid. The more friends you refer, the more gift cards you get.
Veterans Advantage Discount
As a Veterans Advantage member, get a free ADT equipment package and $99 installation (50 percent off) when you sign a three-year contract with ADT. The security package includes up to six door sensors, one motion detector, a keypad, a backup battery, a keychain remote and a window decal. You’ll also get a $100 Visa Rewards Card and one free year of VetRewards added to your current Veterans Advantage subscription term.3
Though ADT used to offer discounts for AARP members, those offers no longer appear on AARP’s site. Still, if you’re in the market for a home security system, it’s worth giving ADT a call to find out if they have any special offers for seniors.
The company does offer several discounts on ADT medical alert systems, which are popular with seniors. They have three systems to choose from: Medical Alert Basic (in-home/landline required), Medical Alert Plus (in-home/no landline required) and On-The-Go (mobile/no landline required). Here are the ADT medical alert deals you can currently choose from:
- Free equipment, plus monitoring starting at less than $1 a day: To get free equipment and monitoring for less than $1 a day, just sign a month-to-month monitoring agreement and pay activation ($28.99), shipping ($9.99), and your first month’s monitoring upfront.
- Free activation, free shipping, free lockbox, and $2 off monthly monitoring: Sign a month-to-month monitoring agreement and pay your first month’s monitoring upfront to get activation, shipping and lockbox for free, with $2 off monitoring. Use promo code SPRING29.
- Free activation, free shipping, and a free nightlight: Sign a month-to-month monitoring agreement and pay your first month of monitoring upfront to get the activation, shipping and nightlight for free.
- $3-per-month discount on monitoring, plus free shipping and activation: Just sign a month-to-month monitoring agreement and get a $3-per-month discount on monitoring, plus free overnight shipping ($9.99 value) and free activation.
- Monthly/quarterly/annual billing offer for existing ADT customers: As an existing ADT customer, enjoy a discount on a medical alert system when you sign a month-to-month agreement. You’ll get $2 off advertised prices with monthly or quarterly billing, or $4 off with annual billing. You’ll also enjoy free shipping if you sign up for quarterly or annual billing. And you can get 50 percent off fall detection if you order the Medical Alert Plus system or the On-The-Go system.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday Sales
Electronics are always some of the biggest sellers in Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales, so it’s a great time to grab deals on full home security systems or add-on equipment like video cameras and smart door locks. Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving) falls on November 23, 2021, while Cyber Monday (the Monday after Thanksgiving) is on November 26, 2021. There’s a very strong chance that ADT will have sales on both of those dates, as well as a full week before and/or after.
Exact details of Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales probably won’t be released until the day-of or slightly before, so you basically have to wait to open this particular gift. That said, past years have seen ADT discounts of about 10 percent, as well as special offers like a free security camera and $100 off installation.
Homeowner’s Insurance Discount
Many insurance providers offer discounts for homes that are protected by a security system — particularly one with professional monitoring, like ADT. When you sign your ADT contract, they’ll supply you with a certificate to present to your insurance company as evidence of coverage. However, call your insurance carrier before choosing your ADT system so you can find out which security features will get you the best discount. Some insurance carriers offer as much as a 20 percent discount, which can be a huge savings.
Pro Tip: If you want to optimize your savings, check out our handy blog post on insurance discounts for home security systems. Advanced features like environmental sensors and professional monitoring may get you a bigger discount than a basic home security system alone.
Theft Protection Guarantee
Though this isn’t really a deal or discount, it’s worth mentioning that ADT offers a guarantee against theft. They’ll pay up to $500 of your homeowner’s insurance deductible if you’re the victim of a burglary while your ADT system is active. This is a truly rare guarantee in the home security business, and proof that ADT believes their system will keep your home secure.
ADT’s home security systems cost a bit more than average, but they have top-notch features like advanced home automation and 24/7 professional monitoring. To get the most for your money, take advantage of one of ADT’s many discounts, deals, and special promotions. They have a running list of sales on their site, in addition to discounts for veterans, seniors, and other special groups.
Because ADT allows you to pay for your equipment in monthly installments rather than buying it upfront, you should be able to get a system up and running in your home without too many out-of-pocket expenses. And for those with qualifying credit, ADT offers zero percent financing to make protecting your home that much easier.
*Sales, deals and discounts as of June 11, 2021.