LifeLock and Zander ID Protection offer affordable plans that protect against identity theft. Although Zander ID Protection offers access to your credit reports, it does not monitor your credit like LifeLock does. Both companies do provide restoration services and $1 million in support if your identity is stolen.
Overview: LifeLock vs Zander
LifeLock and Zander ID Protection offer several plans that are geared solely to protect you from identity theft. While LifeLock also provides effective credit monitoring services, Zander dismisses the need for professional credit monitoring. They offer credit reports to customers and encourage them to monitor their credit scores on their own.
- LifeLock offers a comprehensive list of credit monitoring features
- Zander ID Protection offers proactive education that teaches you how to protect your personal information
- Zander ID Protection also offers a “Do Not Call Registry that is free to members
- LifeLock offers a mobile alert that alerts you to changes in your credit report
- LifeLock offers change of address updates and sex offender monitoring
Similarities: Zander vs LifeLock
The biggest similarity between LifeLock and Zander ID Protection is the comprehensive recovery and restorative services offered by both companies. They both guarantee recovery and offer up to $1 million in coverage if your identity is stolen and you incur any type of financial loss.
- Up to $1 million in support if your identity is stolen
- Offers up to date credit reports every year
- Offers both recovery and restorative services if your identity is stolen
- Closely monitors your personal information
- Monitoring for social security number, court records, and address changes
Differences: Zander vs LifeLock
While LifeLock offers both identity theft protection and credit monitoring, Zander has opted to only specialize in identity theft protection. Both companies offer regular copies of credit reports from all three of the major credit bureaus but only LifeLock helps you to monitor them and will alert you if any suspicious activity appears.
- LifeLock provides credit reports and monitoring for the three main credit bureaus
- Zander only offers personal identity theft protection
- Zander offers a family plan that is designed to include children
- LifeLock offers the LifeLock Junior plan that covers minor children, each child $5.99 per month
- Zander offers unlimited financial recovery
LifeLock offers personal identity protection that includes monitoring the Dark Web to find any type of suspicious activity in relation to bank accounts, insurance policies, or social security number usage. They have plans that provide coverage for every member of your family, including the kids.
Zander ID Protection provides effective and reliable identity theft protection for members and their families. Their coverage includes social security monitoring, personal information monitoring, as well as optional monitoring of the Dark Web and other internet sites.
Financial & Credit Monitoring
LifeLock provides credit monitoring as an additional support against identity theft. Reports can be requested from all three credit bureaus every quarter. Alerts are sent out if a new account is opened in the subscriber's name or if any of their financial accounts are accessed illegally or fraudulently.
Zander does not offer credit monitoring except to provide their customers with regular credit reports from the three bureaus. They also offer protection if your wallet is lost or stolen.
Identity Restoration & Insurance Coverage
LifeLock offers a variety of restoration services if your identity is compromised in any way. They will spend up to $1 million (with their most expensive package) to help restore your accounts and correct any fraudulent activity.
Zander ID Protection also offers $1 million to help restore your accounts. They also offer unlimited loss protection, exceptional expense protection that covers any expense you may incur, and also coverage for the minors in your home.
Pricing & Plans
LifeLock offers three plans. The LifeLock Standard plan starts at $9.99 with the LifeLock Advantage Plan at $19.99 a month. LifeLock Ultimate Plus offers the maximum amount of coverage for $29.99 per month. LifeLock Junior covers minor children in the home for $5.99 a month for each child.
Zander ID Protection provides comprehensive solutions for most identity theft issues. An individual plan costs $6.75 a month or approximately $75 a year. They also offer family plans for $12.90 per month. The family plan runs approximately $145 if you pay for the entire year.
Summary: LifeLock vs Zander
LifeLock is the best choice for someone who wants comprehensive coverage for both identity theft and credit monitoring. They offer both services plus financial restoration solutions for an affordable price.
Zander will work well for individuals who only want identity theft protection. Where they lack in coverage for credit monitoring, they make up for it with insurance protection if you incur a large financial loss.