Identity protection companies can provide you with peace-of-mind against identity theft or data breaches. Before you choose an identity theft protection company, it is important to compare them.
Compare Identity Theft Protection Costs
One of the most important factor when choosing an identity theft protection service is the cost. The prices range from $8.99 a month to $30 a month or more. The lower price services may include credit monitoring and alerts only while higher-priced plans include security protection for multiple devices, bank account alerts and more.
A trial period lets you try out the identity theft protection service for a period of time for free. If you are not happy with the theft protection service, then you can cancel for free during the trial period. Trial periods typically range from 7 to 30 days.
Compare Identity Theft Protection Features
Identity protection plans come with a variety of features designed to keep your identity and personal information safe and secure. Here are some of the features of popular identity theft protection companies:
- Credit and fraud alerts
- Social security number alerts
- Security protection for electronic devices
- Bank and credit card activity alerts
- Access to credit reports
- Identity repair services
- Identity theft insurance coverage
- Lost wallet protection
- Mail change alerts
- Child identity monitoring
- Payday and other loan alerts and monitoring
The best identity theft protection companies have reliable and robust monitoring. What exactly does the company monitor for? Types of monitoring include:
- Social security number
- Credit report
- Bank account
- Payday loan
- Social network
- Address change
- Court records
When you are the victim of fraud or identity theft, customer service is extremely important. You want an identity theft protection company that will provide good customer service and answer your questions and concerns. It is important to compare customer service among identity theft protection companies. Things to look for when comparing companies:
- Customer testimonials
- Customer reviews
- Customer service hours
Identify theft protection services cover anywhere from one person to ten people on a single plan. Usually, one or two adults will be covered plus up to ten children. If you need multiple people in a household covered, then it is better to choose an identity theft protection plan that offers multiple-person coverage.
Some identity theft protection services include theft insurance. Theft insurance protects you in the case of identity abuse or breach. If your funds are stolen, this insurance will provide reimbursement. The amount of insurance varies from $25,000 up to a million or more.
Compare Identity Theft Protection Companies
With so many identity theft protection options on the market, it might be hard to decide which one to go with. This is where we can help. We have put the largest names in identity theft protection head-to-head to see which one comes out on top. Check out all of our company comparisons below:
- Complete ID vs LifeLock – Does Costco's identity theft protection offering stand up to the name of LifeLock? Read our comparison review to find out.
- Identity Guard vs LifeLock – Identity Guard or LifeLock? Which is best? Check out our comparison and find out.
- LifeLock vs Complete ID – Does LifeLock stand up to this Costco owned company? See our review to find out.
- LifeLock vs Discover Identity Theft Protection – Get premium protection offered by LifeLock, or the proven reputation of credit giant Discover. Find out which is better in our expert comparison.
- LifeLock vs Equifax – See which service we picked as our favorite when we compared these two well known names.
- LifeLock vs Identity Guard – Both LifeLock and Identity Guard are well respected brand in identity theft protection. See which one we chose as our favorite in our detailed comparison.
- LifeLock vs InfoArmor – Does LifeLock compete with Allstate's Info Armor identity protection offering? Take a look at our comparison of the two services to find out.
- LifeLock vs MyIDCare – Is LifeLock a better identity theft protection offering than MyIDCare? See our comparison of the two to find out.
- LifeLock vs ProtectMyID – Is LifeLock better or Experian owned, ProtectMyID? Read our comparison and find out.
- LifeLock vs Zander – Read our comprehensive comparison of LifeLock and Zander to see which one has the best offering.
- MyIDCare vs LifeLock – MyIDCare is an up and coming name in identity theft protection. See how they compare against the reputation of LifeLock in our review.
- ProtectMyID vs LifeLock – Does Experian owned ProtectMyID stand up to LifeLock? Find out in our review of the two.
- Zander vs LifeLock – Dave Ramsay heavily endorses Zander identity theft protection. Find out if LifeLock competes in our comparison of these companies.
Find Identity Theft Protection Service Alternatives
If you aren't super familiar with identity theft protection services and may just know a few brands, you can always look for brand alternatives. We have suggested alternatives for some of the biggest identity theft protection services on the market:
© Identity Guard All Rights Reserved. Identity Guard, Total Protection, Monitor, Protect and Recover and associated designs are trademarks or federally registered trademarks of Intersections Inc. Equifax is a registered trademark of Equifax Inc., and other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners.