Identity protection companies can provide you with peace-of-mind against identity theft or data breaches. Before you choose an identity theft protection company, it is important to compare them.
Compare Identity Theft Protection Costs
One of the most important factor when choosing an identity theft protection service is the cost. The prices range from $8.99 a month to $30 a month or more. The lower price services may include credit monitoring and alerts only while higher-priced plans include security protection for multiple devices, bank account alerts and more.
A trial period lets you try out the identity theft protection service for a period of time for free. If you are not happy with the theft protection service, then you can cancel for free during the trial period. Trial periods typically range from 7 to 30 days.
Compare Identity Theft Protection Features
Identity protection plans come with a variety of features designed to keep your identity and personal information safe and secure. Here are some of the features of popular identity theft protection companies:
- Credit and fraud alerts
- Social security number alerts
- Security protection for electronic devices
- Bank and credit card activity alerts
- Access to credit reports
- Identity repair services
- Identity theft insurance coverage
- Lost wallet protection
- Mail change alerts
- Child identity monitoring
- Payday and other loan alerts and monitoring
The best identity theft protection companies have reliable and robust monitoring. What exactly does the company monitor for? Types of monitoring include:
- Social security number
- Credit report
- Bank account
- Payday loan
- Social network
- Address change
- Court records
When you are the victim of fraud or identity theft, customer service is extremely important. You want an identity theft protection company that will provide good customer service and answer your questions and concerns. It is important to compare customer service among identity theft protection companies. Things to look for when comparing companies:
- Customer testimonials
- Customer reviews
- Customer service hours
Identify theft protection services cover anywhere from one person to ten people on a single plan. Usually, one or two adults will be covered plus up to ten children. If you need multiple people in a household covered, then it is better to choose an identity theft protection plan that offers multiple-person coverage.
Some identity theft protection services include theft insurance. Theft insurance protects you in the case of identity abuse or breach. If your funds are stolen, this insurance will provide reimbursement. The amount of insurance varies from $25,000 up to a million or more.
Compare Identity Theft Protection Companies
With so many identity theft protection options on the market, it might be hard to decide which one to go with. This is where we can help. We have put the largest names in identity theft protection head-to-head to see which one comes out on top. Check out all of our company comparisons below:
- AllClear ID vs LifeLock – Is AllClear ID or LifeLock the better identity theft protection service? Find out in our comparison.
- AllClear ID vs ProtectMyID – Does AllClear ID offer as much protection as ProtectMyID? Read our comprehensive comparison to find out.
- Complete ID vs Identity Guard – Can Complete ID offer a similar level of protection to Identity Guard? Check out our comparison to find out.
- Complete ID vs LifeLock – Does Costco's identity theft protection offering stand up to the name of LifeLock? Read our comparison review to find out.
- Experian IdentityWorks vs LifeLock – It's a battle between to giants, Experian and LifeLock. See who comes out on top in our comparison.
- ID Watchdog vs IdentityForce – ID Watchdog or IdentityForce? Our comparison has the answer.
- ID Watchdog vs LifeLock – ID Watchdog is an up and coming name in identity theft protection. See how they perform to the big dog in the industry, LifeLock.
- Identity Guard vs Complete ID – See who takes the top spot in our comparison between Identity Guard and Complete ID.
- Identity Guard vs IdentityForce – Identity Guard and IdentityForce are both great identity theft protection services, but which is best? Find out who we chose in our comparison.
- Identity Guard vs IDShield – Which is the better identity theft protection service? Identity Guard or IdShield? Read our comparison to find out.
- Identity Guard vs LifeLock – Identity Guard or LifeLock? Which is best? Check out our comparison and find out.
- Identity Guard vs ProtectMyID – Does Identity Guard protect better than ProtectMyID? Find out in our comparison.
- IdentityForce vs ID Watchdog – See who came out on top when we pit IdentityForce against ID Watchdog.
- IdentityForce vs IDShield – Take a look at our favorite identity theft protection service between IdentityForce and IDShield.
- IdentityForce vs Identity Guard – IdentityForce or Identity Guard? It's a tough decision, but we throughly reviewed both. See who took first place.
- IdentityForce vs LifeLock – These two identity theft protection services are some of the best around. Find out who took the top spot in our comparison.
- IdentityForce vs Zander – Can IdentityForce compete against the Zander and their backing from Dave Ramsay? See in our comparison.
- IDnotify vs LifeLock – See how Experian owned IDnotify competes with LifeLock in our identity theft protection comparison.
- IDShield vs Identity Guard – Is IDShield comparable to Identity Guard? Find out in our in-depth review of the two companies.
- IDShield vs IdentityForce – See if IDShield bested IdentityForce when we compared the two services.
- IDShield vs LifeLock – Does IDShield offer the best protection or does LifeLock? Read our comparison of the two companies to find out.
- LifeLock vs AllClear ID – LifeLock or AllClear ID? It's a tough decision, but we have compared the two companies to help you decide.
- LifeLock vs Complete ID – Does LifeLock stand up to this Costco owned company? See our review to find out.
- LifeLock vs Experian IdentityWorks – Both LifeLock and Experian are well known names in personal security. See which company took the top spot.
- LifeLock vs ID Watchdog – Read our comparison of LifeLock and ID Watchdog to see which offers the best identity theft protection.
- LifeLock vs Identity Guard – Both LifeLock and Identity Guard are well respected brand in identity theft protection. See which one we chose as our favorite in our detailed comparison.
- LifeLock vs IdentityForce – Two of the best identity theft protection services are compared to each other in our review. See who took the top spot.
- LifeLock vs IDnotify – LifeLock or IDnotify? See which company we chose as the best.
- LifeLock vs IDShield – Check out our comparison of LifeLock and IDShield to see who offers the best protection for you and your family.
- LifeLock vs MyIDCare – Is LifeLock a better identity theft protection offering than MyIDCare? See our comparison of the two to find out.
- LifeLock vs ProtectMyID – Is LifeLock better or Experian owned, ProtectMyID? Read our comparison and find out.
- LifeLock vs TrustedID – Can LifeLock compete with the brand presence of Equifax? Find out in our comparison.
- LifeLock vs Zander – Read our comprehensive comparison of LifeLock and Zander to see which one has the best offering.
- MyIDCare vs LifeLock – MyIDCare is an up and coming name in identity theft protection. See how they compare against the reputation of LifeLock in our review.
- ProtectMyID vs AllClear ID – ProtectMyID or AllClear ID? Check out our comparison to find out.
- ProtectMyID vs Identity Guard – See how ProtectMyID compares to Identity Guard in our in-depth analysis.
- ProtectMyID vs LifeLock – Does Experian owned ProtectMyID stand up to LifeLock? Find out in our review of the two.
- TrustedID vs LifeLock – See how this Equifax owned company compares to LifeLock in our comparison of the two.
- Zander vs IdentityForce – Is Zander better than IdentityForce? Check out our comparison to find out.
- Zander vs LifeLock – Dave Ramsay heavily endorses Zander identity theft protection. Find out if LifeLock competes in our comparison of these companies.
Find Identity Theft Protection Service Alternatives
If you aren't super familiar with identity theft protection services and may just know a few brands, you can always look for brand alternatives. We have suggested alternatives for some of the biggest identity theft protection services on the market: