Amazon Prime Day is officially confirmed for June 21-22, 2021, and just like past years’ events, I have every reason to expect big savings out of many of the industry’s best security cameras.
A huge draw of Prime Day, an annual event that’s billed as Amazon’s version of Black Friday, is the multitude of deep discounts on home security products from all sorts of different brands — from Arlo’s Ultra camera system to Canary’s All-in-One security devices. (Don’t worry, Ring is also in the mix.)
But by and large, the best savings you’ll find on security cameras on Prime Day will be among Amazon-owned products. Those, you might be aware, include Ring’s versatile cameras and systems, as well as Blink, a suite of affordable wire-free cams.
With so many choices in security cameras these days, it’s tough to get a handle on all the sales and promotions offered from each brand and camera. To get you started, I found some enticing early-bird savings on both Ring and Blink products for Prime Day 2021:
- $50 off a Ring Spotlight Cam Battery, bringing the total to $150.
- 12 percent off a Ring Spotlight Cam Battery 2-pack, for a total of $299.98.
- 20 percent off a Ring Spotlight Cam Mount kit, for a total of $200.
- 20 percent off the price of two Ring Floodlight Cams, for a total of $160.
- 43 percent off a Blink Mini camera, for a total of $20.
- 38 percent off a Blink Mini 2-pack, for a total of $40.
- $60 off a Blink Outdoor 1-camera kit with base station, for a total of $60.
- 42 percent off a Blink Outdoor camera 2-pack kit with base station, for a total of $105.
- 40 percent off a Blink Outdoor camera 3-pack kit with base station, for a total of $150.
- 52 percent off a Blink Outdoor camera 3-pack kit plus Echo Show 5, for a total of $160.
- 41 percent off a Blink Outdoor camera 5-pack kit, for a total of $225.
- 36 percent off a Blink Indoor 1-camera kit, for a total of $45.
- 37 percent off a Blink Indoor 3-camera kit, for a total of $120.
- 36 percent off a Blink Indoor 5-camera kit, for a total of $180.
Next, to help you further prepare for Prime Day 2021, I’ll break down a few deals, discounts, special offers, and promotions I’ve encountered in previous years on top-rated home security cameras.
Pro Tip: If you’re not sure which security camera you’d like to buy, check out our complete buying guide for security cameras.
Security Cameras: Past Prime Day Deals
Historically, security cameras have taken a prominent role in past Prime Days; this year promises to be no different. Here are a few deals I’ve found from past years:
- Blink cameras and systems showed discounts up to 43 percent on Prime Day 2020.
- Also in 2020, Ring’s Video Doorbell Pro was offered in package form with an Echo Show 5 on Prime Day for a $54 total savings.
- Arlo’s Pro 2 indoor/outdoor wireless camera sold for $120 off on Prime Day 2020.
- The Pro 3 Floodlight Cam, normally $249, went for $199 on Prime Day 2020.
- Blink Mini Indoor Cam, normally $35, sold for $24.99 on Prime Day 2020.
- An Arlo Pro 3 two-camera system, normally $499, went for $299 at Amazon.
Overall Pricing on Security Cameras
With so many choices in this market, I’ve found widely different prices for equipment and monthly monitoring depending on which camera or brand I’m looking at. To help demystify some of these pricing variations, below is a breakdown of some of the more popular cameras out there.
|Ring Stick Up Camera||Indoor, 1080p HD video, battery optional, two-way talk||$99.99|
|Arlo Pro 3 Camera System||2K video, wire-free, two-way talk, wide-viewing (160-degree) angle||Starting at $199.99|
|Blink Outdoor Camera||Water resistant, wire-free, basic features; base station required||$99.99|
|Wyze Cam v3||Indoor, 1080p HD, plug-in, basic features||$19.99|
|Google Nest IQ Indoor||1080p with 4K sensor, facial recognition, instant alerts||$299.99|
|Amcrest SmartHome 1080p Wi-Fi Outdoor Floodlight Camera||HD video, built-in siren, 2000lm floodlight, two-way audio||$169.99|
|Swann Wi-Fi Series 1080p Camera System||1080p HD video, basic features; requires base station||Starting at $99.99|
|Lorex Smart Outdoor Wi-Fi 1080p Camera System||Water-resistant, two-way audio, Color night vision||Starting at $129.99|
|Canary Pro 1080p Camera||Indoor, 1080p HD video, climate monitor||$169|
|Reolink Argus 3 Wire-Free Camera||Outdoor, 1080p HD, built-in motion spotlight, Starlight night vision, two-way talk||$109.99|
|Zmodo Wireless Smart Security Camera||Indoor, 720p video, adjustable night vision||$29.99|
Final Thoughts: Security Cameras on Prime Day 2021
While it’s too soon to predict exactly which cameras will be discounted for Prime Day 2021, I’m expecting pretty exciting developments in the weeks to come. Knowing what I know about the massive retailer, I anticipate plenty of price-slashing on Ring cameras as the event approaches, specifically on Ring’s Floodlight camera, so keep your eyes peeled for those.
Elsewhere, expect a good showing from SimpliCam, the camera from budget-friendly security brand SimpliSafe; if you’re looking to add or replace your home security system, Prime Day could be a fitting time to grab a SimpliSafe + free SimpliCam deal (check out my full SimpliCam review here). For more on SimpliSafe’s deals, visit our complete SimpliSafe Prime Day guide.
And don’t forget to check back here frequently for more updates on the best Prime Day discounts on security cameras. Rest assured we’ll continue to update this page as the big event draws near.