The Ring Video Doorbell essentially redefined home security. The Ring brand, acquired by Amazon in 2018,1 is largely responsible for making doorbell cameras a household name, and today offers seven doorbell models as well as a full suite of indoor and outdoor cameras, alarm systems, and other home security products.
And now, October Prime Day has begun!
With the Prime Day Early Access Sale (October 11 to 12) — essentially the second Prime Day of the year — new deals and discounts are surfacing every day. Let’s discuss the savings you can get if you’re looking to purchase Ring doorbells.
Ring Doorbells: Prime Day October 2022
Ring is slated to have another big Prime Day. The sale hasn’t even started, and we’re already seeing discounts up to 60% on Ring-branded video doorbells. Granted, the discounts are limited to just the Ring Video Doorbell Wired and Ring Video Doorbell (2020 release) models, but if you’re after those products anyway, now may be a good time to purchase.
These are the deals you can get right now:
- Get the Ring Video Doorbell (2020 release) for $69.99, 30 percent off its regular price.
- Get Ring’s most affordable video doorbell, the Ring Video Doorbell Wired, for $39.99, 38% off its regular price.
- Pair a Ring Video Doorbell Wired with an Echo Show 5 ($150 total value) for as low as $59.99.
- Pair a Ring Video Doorbell (2020 release) with an Echo Show 5 ($185 total value) for only $79.99.
- Get a Ring Video Doorbell Wired and a Ring Chime for $69.99.
- Buy a Ring Alarm 8-piece security system with a Ring Video Doorbell Wired for $244.98.
- Buy a Ring Alarm 8-piece security system with a Ring Video Doorbell Wired and Echo Show 5 for $244.98.
Ring and Amazon might still reveal new offers throughout the Early Access Sale, so keep an eye out for those!
Ring Doorbell: Past Prime Day Deals
Historically, Ring Video Doorbells have made an impressive showing in past Prime Days. Here are a few deals I’ve found, which should help you compare this sale’s deals and see if they’re worth it or not:
- During the July 2022 Prime Day sale, Ring slashed the price of its most affordable doorbell, the Video Doorbell Wired, to $48.99.
- During the same sale, the Ring Video Doorbell’s price was down by 54 percent if paired with an Echo Show 5. In total, the pairing cost only $84.99.
- Similarly, a $100 discount was applied to the Ring Video Doorbell 4 and Echo Show 5 bundle, cutting the price down to $204.98.
- In 2021, we saw 55 percent off on Ring Video Doorbell Wired plus Echo Dot (3rd Gen) bundles, for a total of $45.
- In 2020, Ring Video Doorbell Pro was on sale for just $169 off the $250 original retail price.
- In 2019, Prime Day offered a two-for-one deal on a Ring Video Doorbell and Echo Dot – a savings of about $80.
- In 2018, the year Amazon bought Ring, the Video Doorbell 2 was slashed 30 percent for a total of $140. (Of course, that was three years and a couple of releases ago; you can now buy the original Ring Video Doorbell for a clean $100.)
Beyond their industry-shifting presence, I’m well acquainted with Ring cameras in general, having unpacked, tested, and reviewed the entire Ring camera lineup; Ring’s original Video Doorbell and the Video Doorbell Pro 22 have also gotten our review treatment, as well as the professional-grade Ring Video Doorbell Elite.
In all of those, I’ve consistently found reliable equipment and excellent 1080p HD resolution, and I join the resounding praise for Ring’s easy-to-use, robust mobile app.
FYI: They don’t make as many doorbell cameras as Ring, but there are a few Prime Day discounts on Amazon’s other camera brand, Blink. Visit our updated guide to Blink’s latest Prime Day deals for more.
Pricing on Ring Doorbells
Financially speaking, buying something you don’t need, even at a discounted price, isn’t a good way to save. To take full advantage of the Prime Day October sale, take a little time to review our breakdown of Ring doorbells to see which one is the best to buy right now.
Here’s our latest rundown of Ring’s Doorbell camera options, along with the non-sale prices you can expect to pay:
Ring Doorbell’s Cost Breakdown
|Video Doorbell||Basic functionality||$64.99|
|Video Doorbell 3||Wireless or hardwired with excellent resolution||$199|
|Video Doorbell 4||Advanced motion detection and “Pre-roll” technology||$219.99|
|Video Doorbell Pro||Hardwired with advanced features and slim design||$249.99|
|Video Doorbell Pro 2||Hardwired with advanced features, slim design, and 3D Motion Detection||$259.99|
|Peephole Cam||Advanced functions with a low-profile design||$129|
Final Thoughts on Ring Doorbell Prime Day Deals
In addition to putting doorbell cameras on the map, the Ring acquisition also represented Amazon’s foray into proprietary home security gadgets and monitoring services. That fruitful partnership is still going strong, as Ring’s lineup of cameras and security devices are a consistent No. 1 pick of ours for overall home security.
Pro Tip: If you’re not sure which doorbell camera you’d like to buy, check out our complete buying guide for doorbell cameras.
With the Amazon Early Access Sale in full swing, expect to see a lot of price-slashing, particularly on the doorbell cameras that made Ring a household name.