SafeHome.org regularly monitors* sales and promotions to help customers find the best deals on home security and smart home packages and offers from leading companies.
Home Security Deals and Sales
There are certain times each year when retailers advertise unbeatable offers and deeply discounted products and services. And while the first thing that comes to mind isn't always home security and automation, this industry routinely offers amazing deals and discounts, especially on the Black Friday and Cyber Monday retail sales holidays.
The day after Thanksgiving, commonly referred to as Black Friday, is the official kick-off to the Christmas holiday shopping season. This is a great time to shop for your home security needs. But where can you find the best home security deals and sales? Well, the best place to find Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals is from a home security review website where all the information about any given product or service is presented side-by-side along with any Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals, discounts, and other sales information. Just make sure you check the sale start dates and times so you don't miss out on all those unbeatable deals.
- Black Friday: This year Black Friday is on November 23, 2018. And in addition to home security deals and sales, many retailers will also provide other attractive offers when you sign up for their monitoring services as well. For example, incentives such as extra equipment, better warranties, and free shipping are often given to entice buyers to subscribe to monthly monitoring services in addition to their equipment purchase.
- Cyber Monday: This year Cyber Monday is on November 26, 2018. And just like Black Friday, Cyber Monday also offers deeply discounted pricing and unbeatable sales. And, interestingly enough, security systems and smart home devices have historically received the best rates and discounts on Cyber Monday, some even more so than on Black Friday. Retailers frequently offer extended warranties, free shipping, and more if you buy on Cyber Monday, so look out for those types of deals as well.
Home Security Promotions & Packages
Every home security company will offer their own unique promotions and packages which change frequently. Therefore, it's best to review each one so you can make an educated decision about which option is right for your particular wants and needs.
ADT has packages starting at $27.99 per month. They are also currently offering a free home security system if you pay a $99 installation fee along with subscribing to their monitoring service. They are also offering a $100 Visa Gift Card with the installation of a new system.
Frontpoint has packages starting at $34.99 per month. They are also currently offering 50% off a wireless indoor camera for a limited time only. Frontpoint also has a 100 percent 30-day risk-free trial period and if you decide to cancel they will give you a full refund, including all the shipping costs.
LInk Interactive has packages starting at $30.99. They are also currently offering three different DIY packages with a three-year rate lock guarantee. Link Interactive also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee with a full refund including the shipping if for any reason you're not completely satisfied.
LiveWatch has packages starting at 34.99 per month. They are also currently offering low monthly rates with no long-term contracts on their DIY systems. LiveWatch also offers a full suite of smart home security services.
Protect America has packages starting at $19.99 per month. They are also currently offering an HD indoor camera for only $19.99 when you purchase any of their interactive security plans. ProtectAmerica also has a customizable security plan option.
Scout has packages starting at $9.99 per month. They are also offering no contract DIY systems that are fully-customizable with IoT integrations. Scout also offers flexible monitoring plans as well.
SimpliSafe has entire packages starting at $234.99. They also have no contract DIY, plug-in and use systems that come with a 60-day money-back guarantee with free shipping and free returns. SimpliSafe also offers a wide variety of add-ons as well.
Vivint has packages starting at $39.99 per month. They are also currently offering $0 cost professional installation and activation fees. Vivint also offers a wide variety of home automation options.
Home Security Discounts & Coupon Codes
Many home security companies routinely provide discounts to attract customers and build their customer base. But they also routinely offer additional discounts and/or coupon codes to special groups as well. Here are some examples of what is considered a “special group” and the types of discounts those groups might receive. And, home security discounts and coupon codes that are currently being offered to the the general public.
Military and Senior Citizen Discounts
The term special group could be assigned to any given group of people a retailer decides to give a discount. For example:
- Military: Some companies offer home security discounts for active military, veterans, and/or military family members. This could be in the form of reduced rates, no charge equipment/features, or contract exceptions for active duty members.
- Senior Citizens: A few home security companies offer discounts to senior citizens. However, the most common home security features most attractive to seniors are alert buttons, security cameras, and two-way communication features.
Your best bet is if you are in a special group, you should always contact a company representative and ask if they have any available discounts that would apply to your particular situation. Many times the discounts available to special groups are not advertised on their website, so you have to contact them and specifically ask for one.
Home Security Company Discounts
If you are looking for discounted home security systems, here are the companies who currently have home security discounts available. If no discounts are currently being offered, that information will be disclosed along with other possible ways to save.
- Ring: Ring is currently offering an undisclosed discount if you become a ProtectPlus member.
- ADT: ADT is not currently running any discounts, but they are running the promotions that were mentioned above.
- Frontpoint: This company is currently offering 50% off a wireless indoor camera for a limited time only.
- SimpliSafe: SimpliSafe is not currently running any discounts, but they are running the promotions that were mentioned above.
- Vivint: Vivint is not currently running any discounts, but they are running the promotions that were mentioned above.
- Xfinity (Comcast): Xfinity is not currently running any discounts, but they are running the promotions that were mentioned above.
- Blink: This company is currently offering 30% off their video home security bundle.
- Arlo: This company does not appear to be offering any discounts right now. However, they do have a wide variety of security features which they have bundled together and are offering at varying affordable rates.
- Lifeshield: Lifeshield is not currently running any discounts, but they are running the promotions that were mentioned above.
*Sales, Deals & Discounts as of March 22, 2018