Identity Guard and Complete ID offer many of the same features. There are also significant differences. Identity Guard offers immediate cash upfront if you lose your wallet, while Complete ID is backed by Costco and offers exceptional discounts to Costco members. Both are well-known and well-respected companies with positive reputations.
Overview: Identity Guard vs Complete ID
Identity Guard and Complete ID have state of the art software that allows them to monitor massive amounts of data on the internet to find out how your information is being used. They can prevent your information from falling into the wrong hands. If your identity is stolen, they have the resources to help you recover it as well as reimburse your lost funds.
- $1 million of insurance coverage
- Comprehensive list of recovery and restoration resources
- Identity Guard provides with $2000 immediately after you report your wallet lost or stolen
- Complete ID does not offer any type of anti-virus software
- Identity Guard offers excellent customer support
Similarities: Complete ID vs Identity Guard
Both Identity Guard and Complete ID have been in business for several years and are trusted names throughout the industry. Both have advanced software and technology that allows them to track your information on the internet and in many other ways as well.
- Monitors all of your personal and private information
- Scans the internet to ensure your information does not appear on any fraudulent websites
- Will send credit alerts to you if your information is stolen or compromised in any way
- Both provide you with several online resources to help you recover your identity
- Both include a $1 million insurance policy
Differences: Complete ID vs Identity Guard
Both companies are affordable, but Identity Guard offers more of the services that most customers are looking for. They not only monitor credit reports, they also monitor financial accounts and credit cards as well. Another major difference is in the price, especially if the Complete ID subscriber is a Costco member.
- Identity Guard offers software that members can put on their computers to reduce their risk of identity theft
- Complete ID does not monitor medical records or tax returns
- Identity Guard does not provide information on sex offenders
- Identity Guard offers a family plan that covers all of the members of the household
- Complete ID offers a variety of fraud notifications and alerts if a breach occurs
Identity Guard offers identity theft protection that includes scanning the internet, monitoring where your social security number and address appear on mailing lists and removing your information from suspicious websites.
Complete ID closely monitors your personal information and provides status checks that ensure that your information is secure at any given time. While some of its services are limited, they can track your information using a variety of tools on a global scale.
Financial & Credit Monitoring
Identity Guard offers both financial monitoring and credit monitoring. They can track changes in your bank account activity as well as monitor spending habits on credit cards. They send alerts whenever large purchases are made or if new lines of credit begin to appear on your credit reports.
Complete ID doesn't monitor your financial accounts or credit cards per se, but it does closely monitor your credit report and will alert you if your credit score changes or if things are added to your credit reports that look suspicious.
Identity Restoration & Insurance Coverage
Identity Guard provides $1 million worth of insurance that can be used to hire attorneys and reimburse you for any money lost due to your identity being stolen. They will also provide you with multiple resources to help you reduce your risk of loss.
Complete ID has an exceptional recovery and restoration program that provides you with $1 million worth of insurance, as well as the tools and resources you need to recover your identity. Because of their affiliation with Costco, Complete ID has a vast amount of resources that can help them reduce your risk of loss and speed up the recovery process.
Pricing & Plans
Identity Guard's basic plan starts at $8.99 per month. Their total plan is approximately $19.99 per month. The Premier plan costs $24.99 a month. They also offer a Family plan for an unspecified number of adults and children for $34.99 per month.
If you are a Costco member, your rates start at $8.99 and can go as high as $13.99 per month. If you are not a Costco member, the fees will range from $19.99 to $29.99 per month. A $2.99 fee is charged for each child per month.
Summary: Identity Guard vs Complete ID
Identity Guard is a good choice if you want top of the line service for an affordable price. Their basic charges are similar to other companies who offer the same services.
If you want to protect your entire family and are Costco members, Complete iD is the identity protection program you may want to consider. It's affordable and backed by an industry leader.